Mr.R.John Stephen, M.E,
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
Machining and Machining time estimations for :
- a) Study of gear parameters b) Experimental study of velocity ratios of simple, compound, Epicyclic and differential gear trains.
- a) Kinematics of Four Bar, Slider Crank, Crank Rocker, Double crank, Double rocker, Oscillating cylinder Mechanisms.b) Kinematics of single and double universal joints.
- a) Determination of Mass moment of inertia of Fly wheel and Axle system. b) Determination of Mass Moment of Inertia of axisymmetric bodies using Turn Table apparatus. c) Determination of Mass Moment of Inertia using bifilar suspension and compound pendulum.
- Motorized gyroscope – Study of gyroscopic effect and couple.
- Governor – Determination of range sensitivity, effort etc., for Watts, Porter, Proell, and Hartnell Governors.
- Cams – Cam profile drawing, Motion curves and study of jump phenomenon
- a) Single degree of freedom Spring Mass System – Determination of natural Frequency and verification of Laws of springs – Damping coefficient determination. b) Multi degree freedom suspension system – Determination of influence coefficient.
- a) Determination of torsional natural frequency of single and Double Rotor systems.- Undamped and Damped Natural frequencies. b) Vibration Absorber – Tuned vibration absorber.
- Vibration of Equivalent Spring mass system – undamped and damped vibration.
- Whirling of shafts – Determination of critical speeds of shafts with concentrated loads.
- a) Balancing of rotating masses. (b) Balancing of reciprocating masses.
- a) Transverse vibration of Free-Free beam – with and without concentrated masses. b) Forced Vibration of Cantilever beam – Mode shapes and natural frequencies. c) Determination of transmissibility ratio using vibrating table.
BEYOND THE SYLLABUS:
- Bifilar Suspension – Determination of Radius of Gyration and Moment of Inertia
- Trifilar Suspension – Determination of Radius of Gyration and Moment of Inertia
- Vibration Measurement Trainer Kit.
LIST OF MAJOR EQUIPMENTS
- Cam follower setup, Motorised gyroscope.
- Governor apparatus – Watt, Porter, Proell and Hartnell governors,
- Whirling of shaft apparatus,
- Dynamic balancing machine,
- Two rotor vibration setup,Spring mass vibration system,
- Torsional Vibration of single rotor system setup,Gear Models
- Kinematic Models to study various mechanisms,Turn table apparatus,
- Transverse vibration setup of a) cantilever
b) Free-Free beam
c) Simply supported beam.