About the Department
The Department of Computer science and Engineering was established in the year 2000 with an initial sanctioned strength of 60 for Bachelors in Engineering and at present it has increased to 120 and with initial sanctioned strength of 18 for Masters in Engineering since 2006. Our Mission is to provide quality education to the students and impart Communication excellence in them. Apart from making them good technocrats, we also provide individual attention to make them good citizens of our nation to serve the industry and society constructively. Being Accredited by NBA New Delhi, the Department has fully equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories and highly qualified and dedicated faculty with international reputation.
The vision of the department is to provide high academic goals to the students and make them the world leaders both in Educational and Research through effective Teaching and Learning.
To inspire the sense of Sincerity in Teaching & Learning, Nobility in Profession and Service to the society for Academic & research excellence through continuous process of improvement.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
After 3 to 5 years of completing the Programme on Master of Computer Science and Engineering, the post graduates will become:
- Competent Computer/Software Engineer rendering expertise to the industrial and societal needs in an effective manner.
- Sustained learner to bring out novel ideas by addressing the research issues.
- Trainer/Philosopher to guide others towards the development of technology.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
During the course of the programme on Master of Computer Science and Engineering the learners will acquire the ability to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and information science in computer engineering in advance level.
- Design a Computer system with components and processes of desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety.
- Apply Software Engineering principles, techniques and tools in software development.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data to lay a foundation for solving complex problems.
- Identify and modify the functions of the internal of computer components such as operating systems and compilers.
- Create, collect, process, view, organize, store, mine and retrieve data in both local and remote locations in a secure and effective manner.