About the Department
At Present Network Engineering is an interdisciplinary education program which covers Information Theory, Mobile computing, Network Security and Cryptography. This program acquires skills to design, maintain, and manage network infrastructure and its application. It has a set of services, which provides a development over communication through internet, and a secure data transformation on sharing a confidential data between users using WIMAX, MBWA technologies. Many organizations like CISCO, HCL, DELL, NVIDIA etc., nowadays employ LAN system of computers with one administrator server and rest branch. As a Network Engineer, there will be a chance to learn programs to gain insight into the applications and systems of clients. Network engineer is to ensure the smooth operation of communication to provide maximum performance and availability for the users. software Engineer has a highly available chance on software applications, over insight knowledge about a systems support.
Aspires to be a leader in Education, Training and Research in Engineering, Science, Technology and Management and to play a vital role in the Socioeconomic progress of the Country.
To provide students with the fundamental knowledge, interdisciplinary problem solving skills, societal and business awareness, and confidence required to excel in their chosen professions and be leaders in a global environment.
Graduates of this M. E. Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Computer Networks will be able to:
- Apply the necessary mathematical tools and fundamental & advanced knowledge of computer science & engineering and computer networks.
- Develop computer network systems understanding the importance of social, business, technical, environmental, and human context in which the systems would work.
- Articulate fundamental concepts, design underpinnings of network systems, and research findings to train professionals or to educate engineering students.
- Contribute effectively as a team member/leader, using common tools and environment, in computer networks projects, research, or education.
- Pursue life-long learning and research in computer networks and contribute to the growth of that field and society at large.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the conceptualization of engineering models.
Identify, formulate, research literature and solve complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
Conduct investigations of complex problems including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of management and business practices, such as risk and change management, and understand their limitations.