About the Department
The Department of Information Technology was established in the ear 1999 with an intake of 60 students. The main objective is to encourage the students to excel in latest technologies and making them good technocrats through futuristic plans. We also provide individual attention to inculcate entrepreneurial skills with ethical and social values. With the entire world in the grip of the versatile and vibrant World Wide Web, the science of Information Technology has become the most potent and powerful tool of the future. The Department has the state-of-the-art facilities for various labs, well equipped seminar halls, class rooms to support e-learning and a department library.
- To create and sustain a community of learning in which students acquire knowledge and learn to apply it professionally with due consideration for ethical, ecological and economic issues.
- To pursue research and disseminate research findings.
- To provide knowledge-based technological services to satisfy the needs of society and the industry.
- To help in building national capabilities in science, technology, humanities, management, education and research.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
The Program Educational Objectives of M.Tech. Information Technology are:
- To prepare graduates who will be successful professionals in industry, government, academia, research, entrepreneurial pursuit and consulting firms
- To prepare graduates who will contribute to society as broadly educated, expressive, ethical and responsible citizens with proven expertise
- To prepare graduates who will achieve peer-recognition; as an individual or in a team; through demonstration of good analytical, research, design and implementation skills
- To prepare graduates who will thrive to pursue life-long reflective learning to fulfill their goals
Program Outcomes (POs):
Engineering programs have been designed to prepare graduates for attaining the following program outcomes:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering in practice
- Identify, critically analyze, formulate and solve engineering problems with comprehensive knowledge in the area of specialization
- Select modern engineering tools and techniques and use them with dexterity.
- Ability to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a contemporary, global, economical, environmental, and societal context for sustainable development.
- Appreciate the importance of goal setting and to recognize the need for life-long reflective learning.