LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All users are required to sign in the Gate Entry Register upon entrance to the library.
- All users must observe total silence in the library and its environs at all times.
- All bags, cases, folders etc. must be left in the luggage area outside the library.
- Users are not allowed to log in using their personal passwords at the search computers or to access the internet from there.
- No student is allowed to enter the circulation area without the consent of the library staff
- No library equipment may be moved, modified or tampered without permission from the librarian
- A user must be a registered student in the current term to be able to use the library services
- All students must present their Library Membership Cards before borrowing any library materials
- Library materials may not be removed from the library unless the library staff has properly issued them out
- Students are allowed to borrow a maximum of four books for a period of 15 days
- All borrowed materials must be returned on or before the due date
- Students are not allowed to borrow books on behalf of others or transfer borrowed materials to other students
The following materials can only be used within the library
- Reference books
- Journals and magazines
WORKING HOURS: Monday – Saturday 7.30 AM to 7.00 PM
All Sundays and Public Holidays – 9.00 AM to 4.00 PM
Damage/Loss of Library Materials:
- All users will be held responsible for any damage or loss of library materials in their possession and will be required to meet the cost of replacement and processing
- Users must ensure that the books they borrow are in good condition to avoid being held responsible for any damages noted while returning the books
- Lost books must be reported to the librarian immediately and replaced or paid for
- Lost library books that are recovered, must be handed to the librarian as they remain the property of the college library
- General collection books-Rs. 1 per day
- All registered students, faculty and staff have borrowing privileges in the library.
The length of time that books may be borrowed is as follows
- Students: Four books for 15 days; renewable once
- Faculty (Teaching): Five books for 1 month
- Other staff (Non Teaching): Two books for 1 month