About the Department
The Department of Biomedical Engineering was established in the year 2007. The Department has well equipped and state-of-the art facilities for Research & Development. The Department has habitual communications with Hospitals, industries for training, internship, projects and research in the emerging fields of Biomedical Engineering. The Department has been accredited by NBA for 3 Years and Anna University has recognized with permanent affiliation. The Department has won the Platinum Medal in the year 2015 by AICTE-CII survey. The faculty members are well qualified and experienced which accomplishes University ranks consecutively. The Department has successfully completed with major Research Projects worth of Rs.40 Lakhs from SERB-DST and ICMR, Govt. of India. The Department Students have footprints in Indian Air-force as a Pilot, Army officer.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To establish teaching and research platform in medical electronics for the health and well being of mankind.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To disseminate fundamental knowledge on medical electronics for professional developments.
- To propagate lifelong learning.
- To impart the right proportion of knowledge, attitudes and ethics in students to enable them take up positions of responsibility in the society and make significant contributions.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The program educational objectives for the Biomedical Engineering program describe accomplishments that graduates are expected to attain within four years after graduation.
- To enrich the students to liberate themselves in learning skills involving complex thoughts, problem analysis and finding solutions.
- To identify opportunities and develop the level of competency in technical and communication skills to establish their excellence in professionalism.
- To implement the versatile qualities acquired to a chosen career, by providing an impact for the sustainable growth and success.
- To explore their ideas in research and promoting them to be exceptionally good in meeting the challenges of innovation and creativity.
- To have a diversified knowledge in medical practices and instrumentation to recognise the needs of society and serve people with professional ethics.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Graduates of the 4-year B.E. Biomedical Engineering (BME) Programme will:
- Be fundamentally strong in life sciences and to apply the knowledge of engineering sciences in solving mathematical and scientific problems related to healthcare.
- Be able to Identify, formulate and analyze complex problems related to biomedical and their solutions using principles of mathematics, natural science and engineering.
- Be able to design and develop biomedical devices to meet the societal and environmental requirements.
- Be able to use research knowledge and methods to analyze, investigate complex problems to find suitable conclusions related to biomedical engineering.
- Be able to learn necessary skills/techniques to develop mathematical models and to implement appropriate software tools in the design of health care devices.
- Be able to apply contextual knowledge to assess societal, health and safety related issues relevant to biomedical field
- Be able to understand the impact of medical engineering problems in a global, economical and societal context.
- Be able to understand professional, social and ethical responsibilities
- Be able to function effectively as an individual, entrepreneur and as a member or a leader in multi-disciplinary streams.
- Be proficient in English language in order to communicate effectively on complex engineering activities on a global scale and to make comprehensive reports and presentations.
- Function effectively and to demonstrate financial and managerial skills to accomplish projects.
- Engage in life-long learning to recognize the latest technological changes to meet the societal demands.