About the Department
The Department of Electrical and Electronics engineering is one of the oldest Departments in Vel Tech Multi Tech Dr.Rangarajan Dr.Sakunthala Engineering College and was established in the year 2001 with the approval of AICTE and with an initial sanctioned intake of 40 and presently it is increased to 120. The department excels in quality education through advanced teaching methodology with adequate and well equipped laboratories. The zealous and fervent faculty of the department shore up students professionally and personally to achieve their goals. Apart from making them good technocrats, we also provide individual attention to groom them as peerless citizens of our nation to serve the industry and society constructively.
The laboratories are equipped with highly modernized equipments to provide best practical knowledge to the students based on the recent technology. We house extensive fabrication, calibration and testing facilities for the execution of academic projects, sponsored research and consultancy projects. The department is established with recognized Research centre by Anna university,Chennai. CPRI project was undertaken and successfully completed. MODROBS for embedded lab was sanctioned by AICTE in the year 2014.
The Department has awarded with Platinum medal in AICTE CII. The students being the flavour of the department has brought a number of credits to enrich the achievements of department by participating and excelling in innovative project contests like Electric Solar Vehicle Championship and NIT KaraiKal SPREEE-16 on the Topic “Green Energy Harnessing Automatic Integrated Agricultural System”. The students are encouraged to participate in various workshops, implant training and conferences to enhance their knowledge. The Department organizes Conferences and workshops to improve the skills of students and to motivate them to have a research based learning in compliance with the mission of the department.
Extensive laboratory facilities for various labs including Embedded Systems, Machines Lab, Control Systems lab, Power Electronics Lab etc. are available. Department provides an excellent academic environment for both Students & Faculty members to develop their interpersonal skills in all aspects. Department conducts national conferences in association with ECE & Biomedical Department and sponsored by CSIR. Guest lectures on the latest innovations in both established and emerging fields by resource person from various industries related to EEE department. Students are also sponsored by the management for their Higher Studies.
The infrastructure and facilities in the department with an excellent research ambience is the highlight of the department with spacious and ventilated classrooms. The support of well qualified and compassionate faculty members with an excellent knowledge in their specified area moulds the department to a splendid platform for learning Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Research and Development
The Department is established with recognized Research centre by Anna university, Chennai in the year 2013. The Department has well equipped research laboratory where the students,faculties and the research scholars are provided with a great opportunity to carry out a number of innovative projects and the laboratories are updated and serviced on a regular basis to ensure quality learning. The professors in the department takes special concern in the research life of students as well as the peer faculty group and motivate the entire research community by organizing workshops and conferences.
The students and faculty of the department owns the membership in ISTE and ISEEE. The students and faculties in the department are encouraged to be the part of faculty development programs and workshops organized by these professional societies in a national level. Quality improvement programs are conducted in the department to brief the students and faculties on the professional society activities on a regular basis.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To emerge as a centre of academic excellence in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and related fields through knowledge acquisition and propagation meeting global practices.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To nurture the talent and to facilitate the students with research ambience in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- To propagate lifelong learning.
- To impart the right proportion of knowledge, attitudes and ethics in students to enable them take up positions of responsibility in the society and make significant contributions.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The objectives of a programme can be broadly defined on four counts. The programme educational objectives of engineering graduates of the Department of Electrical and Electronics are
- PEO 1: To prepare graduates to have successful and flourishing career in the electrical and electronics industry.
- PEO 2: To make students able to excel in their career with ethical values and managerial skills to solve real life technical problems.
- PEO 3: To make students capable of solving problems in electrical and electronics engineering which are found in utilities and industries
- PEO 4: To help students to engage in quest for self-learning and life-long learning.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO 1: Engineering knowledge: Enables to apply the knowledge of differential equations, integrals, matrix theory, Laplace, Fourier and z-transformation for engineering problems.
- PO 2: Problem analysis: Enables to define Basic science, Circuit theory, Electromagnetic Field theory, Control theory and to apply them to analyze complex engineering problems.
- PO 3: Design/development of solutions: Enables to configure and apply solutions to transmission and distribution networks, electrical apparatus and to handle the engineering aspects of Electrical Energy Generation and Utilization.
- PO 4: Use research-based knowledge: Enable to analysis, synthesis and interpretate the data to provide valid conclusions.
- PO 5: Modern tool usage: Enables to design, implement and evaluate computer-based system/tools to meet the desired needs.
- PO 6: The engineer and society: Enables to apply the knowledge gained to assess societal, health, legal and cultural issues, and consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO 7: Environment and sustainability: Enables to understand the impact of the Electrical Engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrates the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PO 8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO 9: Individual and team work: Enables to function effectively on teams to full-fill the goals.
- PO 10: Communication: Enables to express the dynamic solutions to fit-into the engineer community.
- PO 11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles, and apply these to one’s own work, as a member or a leader in a team.
- PO 12: Life-long learning: Enables to recognize the need for, and have the preparation to engage in continuing professional development.