About ECE Department
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2000 with an initial sanctioned strength of 60 and it was increased in to 120 in the year 2002. Our Mission is to provide quality education to the students and impart Communication excellence in them. Apart from making them good technocrats, we also provide individual attention to make them good citizens of our nation to serve the industry and society constructively.
Our Department courses have been accredited by NBA for 5 Years and Anna University has recognized with permanent affiliation. We have received a grant from the DST, Government of India, under FIST scheme. The Centre for Research, Anna University has approved our Department as Research Centre. Recently we are awarded by AICTE – CII for best industry linked institute.
Vision of the Department
To emerge as a centre of academic eminence in electronics and communication and related spheres through knowledge acquisition and propagation meeting global needs and standards
Mission of the Department
- To impart quality education by inculcating fundamental knowledge in Electronics and Communication Engineering with due focus on research and industry practices.
- To propagate lifelong learning
- To impart the right proportion of knowledge, attitudes and ethics in students to enable them take up positions of responsibility in the society and make significant contributions
Program Educational Outcomes(PEOs)
- To prepare students with strong foundation in basic science and mathematics and ability to use these tools in professional career and/or higher education by acquiring knowledge in area of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Analyze real life problems, design appropriate system to provide solutions that are technically sound, economically feasible and socially acceptable.
- To train students with electrical and computer engineering breadth so as to Work on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication skills, team work in their profession and adapt to current trends by engaging in lifelong learning.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Apply knowledge of computing, mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals appropriate to the discipline.
- Identify, formulate, research literature and solve complex Electronics and Communication Engineering problems for reaching substantial conclusions.
- Design, implement and evaluate an electronics-based system, process, component or program to the standards for the benefits of the society.
- Perform investigations of complex problems including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- Use current techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for computing practice.
- Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering practice.