About the Department
The Department of Civil Engineering is a fledgling department started in the institution during the year 2009. This department was started with an objective to impart high quality education in Civil Engineering with the initial intake 60. The department aims to enrich the knowledge of students in both theory and practice with a team of highly qualified faculty with rich experience in the diversified streams of Civil Engineering. The department of Civil Engineering is equipped with state-of-the-art laboratory facilities having advanced equipments and machineries operated by experienced technicians.
Civil Engineers from our college is regularly organizing the Conferences, seminars, Guest lectures and Industrial visits. The department encourages our students and also faculty members to participate in national and international workshops and conferences to update their skills in the latest areas through the full sponsorship of our management.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Building human resource talent by infusing the habit of creativity and productivity with holistic ethical standards.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To accomplish technically competent and credible civil engineers for changing societal needs
- To propagate lifelong learning
- To impart the right proportion of knowledge, attitudes and ethics in students to enable them take up positions of responsibility in the society and make significant contributions
Programme Educational Outcomes (PEOs)
- Ability to identify, formulate and analyze complex Civil Engineering problems in the areas of structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, water resource management and applications to reach significant conclusions by applying Mathematics, Natural sciences, Civil Engineering principles.
- Understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of professional engineering work in the solution of complex engineering problems related to structural design, software development, analyzing techniques, and information assurance & security in societal and environmental contexts.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, natural science, engineering fundamentals and structural design, software development, analyzing techniques, and information assurance & security to the solution of complex engineering problems in civil engineering.
- Design solutions for complex civil engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Ability to create, select and apply state of the art tools and techniques in designing, developing and testing a structural component
Graduates of the 4-year B.E. Civil Engineering Programme will:
- An ability to relate the theoretical knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to practical real world applications.
- An ability to identify, formulate and derive solutions for engineering problems.
- An ability to produce the efficient system design and components, design for various civil engineering applications for technology innovation.
- An ability to conduct and investigate different experiments for analysis, research and synthesis purpose
- Familiar with modern Engineering tools, Software’s and Equipments.
- An ability to understand the professional responsibility in the techno savvy world.
- An ability to understand the impact of professional engineering solution in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge and need for sustainable development globally.
- An understanding of code of conduct and ethical responsibilities.
- An ability to work on multi-disciplinary task and team work.
- An ability to write and communicate effectively in verbal, written and graphical form.
- An ability to develop confidence for self education and for life-long learning.
- An understanding of Engineering Economics and management principles to manage projects and create innovative ideas