About the Department
The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 1 999 with an intake of 60 students. In 2001, the intake was increased to 90 students and in 2006 the intake was increased to 120. The Department has been accredited by NBA for 3 Years and Anna University has recognized with permanent affiliation. Apart from making them good technocrats, the Department also provides individual attention to make them good citizens of our nation and to serve the industry and society constructively to make them good technocrats through futuristic plans. The Department inculcates entrepreneurial skills with ethical and social values. With the entire world in the grip of the versatile and vibrant World Wide Web, the science of Information Technology has become the most potent and powerful tool of the future. The Department has the state-of-the-art facilities for various labs, well equipped seminar halls, classrooms to support e-learning and a department library.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To emerge as center for academic eminence in the field of information technology through innovative learning practices.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To provide good teaching and learning environment for quality education in the field of information technology.
- To propogate lifelong learning.
- To impart the right proportion of knowledge , attitudes and ethics in students to enable them take up positions of responsibility in the society and make significant contributions.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- The Graduates of Information Technology Engineering Program should be able to Excel in professional carrier and or higher education by acquiring knowledge in mathematical, computing and engineering principles.
- The Graduates of Information Technology Engineering Program should have an exposure to emerging cutting edge technologies, adequate training and opportunities to work as teams on multidisciplinary projects with effective communication skills.
- The Graduates of Information Technology Engineering Program should be able to establish an understanding of professionalism, ethics, public policy and aesthetics that allows them to become good professional Engineers
- The Graduates should be able to advance professionally through organized training or self-learning in areas related to computer science and information technology.
- The Graduates of Information Technology Engineering Program should be able to develop an ability to analyze the requirements, understand the technical specifications, design and provide novel engineering solutions and produce efficient product designs.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, natural science , engineering fundamentals, software development, Database management, computer networking, data communication, and information security to the solution of complex engineering problems in Information Technology.
- Ability to identify,formulate and analyze complex technical problems in the recent cutting edge areas of hardware and software applications to reach significant conclusions by applying Mathematics, Natural sciences.
- Ability to analysis, design , test and documentation of computer programs, maintenance of networks, databases, security and computer systems (both hardware and software) and providing optimum design solutions to meet specified needs of the recent trends.
- Ability to use research based knowledge and research methods to perform literature survey, design experiments for complex problems in designing, developing and maintaining a computing system, collect data from the experimental outcome, analyze and interpret valid / interesting patterns and conclusions from the data points.
- Ability to create, select and apply state of the art tool sand techniques in designing, developing and testing a computing system with the help of latest application software, operating systems, simulation and databases tools.
- Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice in system development and solutions to complex engineering problems related to Information technologies
- Understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of professional engineering work in the solution of complex engineering problems related to societal and environmental contexts with full responsibilities.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility and commitment to them.
Ability to function effectively to strive towards achieving a common goal as an individual in a group and with the capacity to be a team leader.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams, apply engineering and management knowledge and techniques to estimate time and resources needed to complete a computer engineering projects
Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.