About Mechanical Engineering Department
The Department of Mechanical Engineering is an energetic and emerging department started in the institution during the year 2006. It was started with the initial sanctioned strength of 60 and presently increased to 120. It has well furnished laboratories. It has qualified faculty members with passion for both teaching and research. With our mission to impart the right proportion of knowledge blended with attitudes and ethics in students, we enable them to take up positions of responsibility in the society and make significant contributions.
The department of Mechanical Engineering regularly conducts guest lectures, seminars & workshops to provide knowledge among the students about the recent trends and development in Mechanical engineering. It conducts National Level conferences in association with Civil Engineering department which provides wider scope for the students to share their different ideas.
The department of Mechanical Engineering has fetched Gold medal in AICTE-CII survey. Our students participate in innovative competitions to a great extend. Our students have got accolades from industrial experts in ICTACT forum. Our students have got awards for best projects like Versatile Bicycle, Crank less engine and Wheel Chair for differently abled person and aged people. With around the year activities through the professional body “Society of Automotive Engineers (India)”, our students continuously enrich knowledge base in ‘Mobility Engineering’ and are contributing to the ‘Service of Humanity’.
The innovative teaching and research activities are brought into limelight with the support of our faculty members who are well qualified and experienced in their fields of study. The department is well structured and built up with more spacious and ventilated class rooms.
Vision of the Department
To become a centre of eminence in educating students to become triumphant mechanical engineers.
Mission of the Department
- To endue the students with the fundamentals of mechanical engineering with a passion for lifelong learning of industry practices.
- To propagate lifelong learning.
- To impart the right proportion of knowledge blended with attitudes and ethics in students to enable them take up positions of responsibility in the society and make significant contributions.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OUTCOMES(PEOs)
- PEO1: Graduates will apply their knowledge and skills to solve the problems in the field of Mechanical Engineering occurring in industries and transportation
- PEO2: Graduates of the programme will find employment as Mechanical engineers in engineering and business or will be admitted for higher studies
- PEO3: Graduates of the programme will solve problem with professionalism
- PEO4: Graduates will be taught and exposed to the emerging technologies to cope up with technological obsolescence
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
- PO1: Relate theoretical knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to practical real world applications
- PO2: Identify, formulate and derive solutions for engineering problems.
- PO3: Design a mechanical system or a thermal system or a process that meets desired specifications and requirements.
- PO4: Function on engineering and science laboratory teams, as well as on multidisciplinary design teams.
- PO5: Have ability to understand their professional and ethical responsibilities
- PO6: Have ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- PO7: Confidently apply engineering solutions in global and societal contexts.
- PO8: Undergo Self-education and clearly understand the value of lifelong learning.
- PO9: Understanding of the impact of engineering on society and demonstrate awareness of contemporary issues.
- PO10: Familiar with modern engineering software tools and equipment to analyze mechanical engineering problems.
- PO11: Implement modern manufacturing practices and newer quality tools enhancing the productivity and contributing to Gross Domestic Productgrowth of our nation.
- PO12: Find sustainable development and Cost effective, environmental friendly measures to existing technology.